Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dragonheart

Wow. After sitting through an hour and a half of Dragonheart on AMC I'm stuck with a feeling of depression and shame. Shame because I spent most of my day indoors on one of the nicest days of the year, and depression because a movie I fondly remember from my childhood has not aged well. In fact, it sucks. It sucks may be an understatement, it is terrible. Xena the Warrior Princess terrible. Its really sad to come across a movie that I loved in elementary school and realize that my taste in cinema used to be shit. It has dragons, sword fighting and Sean Connery, how could it go wrong?! Dragonheart will now suffer the same fate of other fallen heroes such as Predator 2, The Rocketeer, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, Rock-A-Doodle...the list goes on. These abominations aren't even good enough to make it into the "so bad they're good" category like Kindergarten Cop, Jingle All The Way, Judge Dredd, and Cliffhanger (anything post Terminator 2 for Arnold and after Rocky 4 for Sly). I guess the only real point to my first blog post is to warn my thousands of followers to be wary of movies from yesteryear, especially those starring Dennis Quaid and containing soundtracks more memorable than their storyline.

1 comment: